| ||437 users online
AirNav Policy on Comments
As a service to the general aviation community, AirNav offers an online forum
where pilots and other customers of a business or organization can share their
experiences in their dealings with the business or organization. We call this
the "user comments", or simply "comments" portion of
our service. AirNav has established certain rules regarding the posting of comments
in order to assure accuracy, impartiality, fairness, credibility, and compliance
with applicable laws. This policy establishes the rules that apply to those
AirNav is not responsible for the content of the comments. Comments are generated
and submitted voluntarily by users. AirNav does not provide users with any compensation
for their comments.
By submitting a comment, comment author warrants that all information submitted
complies with this policy.
By submitting a comment, comment author gives AirNav a non-exclusive indefinite
worldwide license to distribute, copy, transmit, publish, manipulate, and reformat
the comment, as well as the author's identity, via its web site or other
means that AirNav may, from time to time, deem appropriate. A comment author
may revoke this license at any time and request that AirNav takes steps to stop
further publication of any or all of his or her comments.
All comments must comply with the following rules:
- Comments must be representative of a recent actual or prospective customer experience with the business or organization. Maximum of one comment per customer per experience.
- Comments must be germane to the services provided by the business or organization, and reflect the author's experience with the business or organization.
- Comments must be submitted voluntarily through our web site, without coercion or compensation by AirNav, the impacted business or organization, or any third parties.
- Factual statements in comments must be truthful. Opinion or subjective statements must reflect the author's personal opinion.
- Comments about a business or organization are not allowed from current, past, or prospective owners, directors, members, employees, contractors, or agents, and their immediate relatives, of that business or organization. Representatives of the business or organization may, however, post their responses to comments written by others, as long as the response is limited to specifically addressing the points raised by the original commenter.
- Comments about a business or organization are not allowed from representatives of a direct competitor.
- Comment authors must provide their true identity when obtaining their AirNav user ID that is required to post comments, and must use their own AirNav user ID when submitting the comments. Any attempts to conceal or deceive identity, contact information or affiliation, or to impersonate others, may result in cancellation of comments, termination of account, and possibly other actions.
- Comments must be written in the English language.
- Comment authors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Comments must not include any content that is intentionally or unintentionally unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, slanderous, defamatory, or libelous. AirNav will remove comments when provided with a valid court order finding that the disputed feedback is slanderous, libelous, defamatory or otherwise illegal. Comment authors could be held legally responsible for damages to a company's reputation if a court were to find that the remarks constitute libel or defamation. Under federal law (the Communications Decency Act), because AirNav does not censor comments or investigate them for accuracy, AirNav is not legally responsible for the comments that members post, even if those comments are defamatory. However, this law does not protect the person who writes the comment from responsibility for it.
- Comments may not contain any content or language that is intentionally or unintentionally profane, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Comments must not contain adult-oriented content or language.
- Comments must not state, imply or suggest that AirNav endorses the content or substance of the comment.
- Comments must not contain any information that the author does not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Comments must not infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of any parties, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights.
- Comments must not advertise or offer to sell, buy or barter any goods or services for any business purpose.
- Comments must not contain links or references to other web sites.
- Comments must not be invasive of another person's privacy. Comments containing personal references that go beyond the strict performances of one's duty as an employee of the business or organization are not allowed. (For example, "Lineman Mike was prompt and courteous in fueling my airplane" is allowed, but "Lineman Mike is a Yankees fan" is not.) Comments may not defame, abuse, stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass another person.
- A comment may not have more than 1000 characters (approximately 200 words.) Submitting multiple comments about the same business is not an acceptable workaround to circumvent this rule. If an author submits multiple comments about one business (each comment about a different experience) the sum of the size of the author's comments about each business may not exceed 1000 characters.
- AirNav reserves the right to make minor editorial changes to comments, such as grammar, spelling, punctuation, and word case corrections.
- AirNav has no obligation to monitor any comments for compliance with this policy. However, AirNav reserves the right to review, to its satisfaction, the authorship or accuracy of any comment, and its compliance with this policy. Such a review could take hours, days, weeks, or in some cases months. A comment under review will not be published during the review period. AirNav's determinations and disposition of the comment as a result of a review are final.
- AirNav has no obligation to monitor any comments. However, should AirNav review any comments posted, AirNav's determination is final. AirNav may refuse to publish, or remove from publication, immediately and without notice, any comment that, in AirNav's sole determination, does not comply with this policy.
As a comment author, we ask that you take care to ensure that your comments
comply with this policy. It is unpleasant for everyone when we have to remove
comments that violate this policy. When in doubt, please err on the side of
Please help us keep AirNav comments an enjoyable and positive experience. If
you see a comment that violates our policy, please let us know by filing a policy violation report online.